Exablox Showcases Enabling Technology Intended for High-Density Storage for Private and Public Clouds at the OpenStack Summit 2015
SUNNYVALE, Calif., and Tokyo, Japan – Oct. 26, 2015 – Exablox®, the award-winning company reimagining storage, will demonstrate the flexibility and portability of its software solution with its rapid integration of the new Key Value Drives (KVDrives) from Toshiba. In an industry first, Exablox will showcase its unique scale-out object-based NAS software running on a Dell PowerEdge R220 server which enables file-system access to applications through Kinetic API access to Toshiba’s KVDrives. The solution will help IT organizations cost-effectively deal with rapid and unpredictable data growth by delivering a rich set of storage features – compression, deduplication, continuous data protection and remote replication – with performance similar to traditional HDD-based primary storage.
- • Exablox’s object-based NAS solution, OneBlox®, presents an NFS/SMB file system interface to applications and Kinetic APIs to Toshiba’s KVDrives for high-density data repositories. Toshiba’s KVDrives, with its Ethernet connectivity provide enhanced configuration capability and improved drive-failure handling.
- • Exablox’s scale-out storage enables IT organizations to adapt effortlessly to accelerating and unpredictable data growth.
- • Inline deduplication and compression dramatically improves storage utilization, and customers typically see data reduction ratios of 6:1 providing more than 1 PB of effective storage in a Ring.
- • OneSystem®, Exablox’s management and reporting service, gives IT organizations the flexibility to administer and gain insight into their storage infrastructure from any browser anywhere in the world.
- • OneBlox’s continuous data protection protects information with unlimited snapshots, enabling IT organizations and end users to recover information from nearly any point in time.
- • For IT organizations requiring an additional level of data protection, OneBlox Rings can efficiently replicate compressed and deduplicated information to remote locations for disaster recovery.
Exablox delivers a powerful storage solution that enable organizations to scale out storage instantly and non-disruptively, without reconfiguring applications. OneBlox is an enterprise-class, scale-out solution available at a fraction of the cost of legacy NAS solutions. With zero configuration for nearly every major storage task, OneBlox delivers a flexible, plug-and-play storage solution that enables organizations to efficiently scale capacity and satisfy changing application storage requirements.
Exablox is the award winning company reimagining storage. Exablox solves organizations’ runaway storage costs and information management nightmares due to accelerating and unpredictable data growth. OneBlox is a scale-out object-based NAS solution that is far easier to scale and manage than the legacy systems and delivers enterprise-grade software, including inline deduplication, compression, continuous data protection and disaster recovery. Founded in 2010, Exablox is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and backed by leading Silicon Valley venture firms and strategic investors. Visit Exablox online at www.exablox.com and join the conversation atwww.twitter.com/exablox.