What is StorageCraft ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange, and who should use it?
StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® Granular Recovery for Exchange software allows email administrators to search for and recover individual email messages, email folders, and mailboxes. You can recover the data directly to your production Exchange server or to a .PST file.
We know that Exchange administration can be time-consuming and difficult if you don't have the right tool. If your business or organization has Microsoft Exchange Servers and Microsoft Outlook, award-winning ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange can help.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange is part of the StorageCraft Recover-Ability™ solution, which provides you with the software and services needed to back up your systems and data and to recover them anytime, anywhere. So you can keep business going no matter what the disaster. As part of the StorageCraft Recover-Ability solution, ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange rounds out the best-in-class ShadowProtect line of backup and disaster recovery software.
Use in conjunction with ShadowProtect backup image files for complete backup and system recovery of your Exchange server(s). Or use with other backup software options for Exchange recovery. (Note: we recommend using ShadowProtect backup software because we know it works.)
Recover Exchange Data Quickly
Simply use a backup that includes your Exchange database (.EDB file) of all your users’ mailboxes. ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange has an intuitive user interface so you can search your .EDB backup and restore lost messages and mailboxes with ease.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange can recover:
- Individual mailboxes
- Calendar items
- Address book contacts
Indispensable tool for email administrators
Scenarios for which administrators and other IT pros use ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange:
- Retrieving accidentally deleted email messages
- Recovering an employee’s entire mailbox
- Searching messages during internal investigations
- Supporting electronic discovery (e-Discovery) efforts and computer forensics investigations
- Merging Exchange server mailboxes when joining business systems or consolidating resources
Read our ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange Scenario Guide for proven, detailed examples of when to use this software.
Features and benefits of ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange
Best of TechEd Award
This Best of TechEd award-winner takes the headache out of Exchange data recovery.
The Basic Search, Advanced Search, and search mode operations let you:
- Use search criteria such as keywords, phrases, creation date, subject matter, sender, and recipient in order to find messages
- Use wildcard (*) and quotes with your search criteria
- Search all mailboxes in an Exchange database at once (instead of going through one mailbox at a time) for emails and other Outlook items to recover
- Search just one specific folder or mailbox for emails and other Outlook items to recover
- Limit search parameters to before or after a point in time or to a window of time
The user interface, recovery utilities, and export operations allow you to:
- Drag-and-drop or right-click to easily recover items from your Exchange backup image to your Exchange server or .PST file
- Restore one or more email messages, email attachments, folders, address book contacts, and other Outlook items directly to your production Exchange server or to a .PST file
- Restore an entire mailbox or three, with their contents, to your production Exchange server or to a .PST file
- Export specific email messages, appointments, tasks, and other Outlook items as .MSG or .TXT files
Want to learn more or get your hands on a printable document?
See our support documentation, listed below, for more information:
Purchase one of six ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange licenses
For short-term Exchange projects:
- 60-day project license, standalone product
- 60-day project license, requires a ShadowProtect backup image to work
For businesses and organizations with fewer than or equal to 250 mailboxes:
- 250-mailbox license, standalone product
- 250-mailbox license, requires a ShadowProtect backup image to work
For businesses and organizations that have 251 or more mailboxes:
- Unlimited license, standalone product:
- Unlimited license, requires a ShadowProtect backup image to work
Please note that project licenses are node-locked and other licenses are server-bound.
Use ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange with your existing backup solution, whether it’s ShadowProtect software or another option. ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange can recover items from any ShadowProtect backup image or any other brand’s backup image, so long as you can derive a Microsoft Exchange Server Database (.EDB) file.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange supports
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
as sources and destinations for items you plan to restore. Additionally, .PST, .MSG, and .TXT files are also supported destinations.
Note: If you use backup software that is not the ShadowProtect brand, you must be able to extract the .EDB file and transaction logs from your backup file and place them in a local directory. (This is because ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange will not interact with another kind of software’s backup.)
We strongly recommend using ShadowProtect software, simply because we know it’s reliable.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange installs on 64-bit versions of
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
and it should not be installed on an Exchange server.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange requires an Outlook client (Outlook 2007 SP3 or newer installed), and Outlook should not be installed on the Exchange server.