Take the legendary reliability of StorageCraft ShadowProtect to the Cloud
Local backups are sufficient to recover from common disasters, but a location destroying event requires a remote recovery solution if business is to continue.
- Protect your physical servers, virtual machines (VMs), and workstations
- Recover systems and data in seconds, not minutes or hours, so your recovery is transparent to users
- Rest assured offsite data is safe with premium encryption and data center security standards
- Economically tally all of your storage needs across systems, departments or clients and pay only for the storage space you actually use*
* Data is rounded up to the nearest gigabyte when billed.
StorageCraft® Cloud Services™ takes the legendary reliability of StorageCraft ShadowProtect® to the cloud, bringing you offsite backup and disaster recovery with StorageCraft Cloud Services. StorageCraft Cloud Services offers anytime, anywhere access to data and instant failover in the cloud. With options that range from instant virtualization to simple archiving, you can select preferences that best suit your business continuity requirements—and always stay in control of your offsite data.
|Cloud Basic||Archiving of your critical business backups||Cloud Basic mirrored **|
|Cloud +||Everything in Cloud Basic, plus immediate file and folder recovery via the StorageCraft Cloud Portal||Cloud + mirrored **|
|Cloud Premium||Everything in Cloud +, as well as instant virtualization of your systems and data||Cloud Premium mirrored **|
** Mirroring available for an additional fee only in the United States.
With StorageCraft Cloud Services you can:
- Protect your physical servers, virtual machines (VMs), and workstations.
- Maintain control over your offsite data with real-time file access and instant virtualization capabilities.
- Recover systems and data in seconds, not minutes or hours, so your recovery is transparent to users.
- Test your disaster recovery abilities using hands-on verification methods.
- Rest assured offsite data is safe with premium encryption and data center security standards.
- Economically tally all of your storage needs across systems, departments or clients and pay only for the storage space you actually use.
- Increase your storage or upgrade your service level with ease.
StorageCraft Cloud Services Seeding Procedure Video
When seeding the StorageCraft Cloud using a physical drive be certain to follow proper seeding guidelines. View this helpful StorageCraft Academy video*** for steps to seed your StorageCraft ShadowProtect backup images to the StorageCraft Cloud.*** Additional StorageCraft Cloud Services videos can be accessed through subscription to the StorageCraft Academy program. StorageCraft partners can join the StorageCraft Academy for a monthly fee to gain access to training materials, such as videos like this, as well as StorageCraft Support 24x7 emergency support.
Cloud Storage Details
File and folder access, as well as full virtualization, in the StorageCraft Cloud can be near instantaneous if the data is stored with minimal compression. When a device is initially uploaded to the cloud, the amount of storage space used will be roughly the same as the amount used on the original volume. The cloud space used will be larger than the space required by the locally compressed ShadowProtect image(s).
As recovery points are sent to the StorageCraft Cloud, the storage space used in the cloud will be larger because of the additional cloud recovery points.
To reduce the amount of space used in the StorageCraft Cloud, users may leverage a separate retention policy independent of the local StorageCraft ImageManager retention policy.
Want to learn more or get your hands on a printable document?
See our support documentation, listed below, for more information: