- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
StorageCraft ShadowProtect GRE English ReadMe
This file contains additional information to supplement the manual. Please read all the sections before you proceed with the installation.
Granular Recovery for Exchange (GRE)
Last updated: July 1, 2013 for GRE 7.5
Table of Contents
2. Known Issues
3. Issues Resolved
Exchange 2003 Support Added
- GRE now supports Exchange 2003* as a source. *See Known Issues about installation restrictions.
GRE is now supported in the following languages:
- German (Deutsch),
- Portuguese (for both Brazil and Portugal)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Installation restrictions. Exchange 2003 can now be used as a source in GRE 7.5 but Outlook 2007 SP3 or newer is required. GRE will not install on a system where Outlook 2003 is installed.
- In GRE 7.5 (when using Exchange 2003 as a source) the sender's email address is not always properly read from the EDB. This causes the "Reply-To" to fail because the email address is wrong. To work around this problem delete the recipient's name from the "Reply To" field and then add it again.
- When a GRE user (without Exchange admin permissions) uses MAPI to authenticate to a single mailbox on an Exchange server, then later attempts to connect to all mailboxes on the same Exchange server, that user won’t be able to expand the mailboxes or view folders. To view the folders for All Mailboxes, restart GRE and don’t authenticate to a single mailbox on the Exchange server.
- If you attempt to connect to a single mailbox on an Exchange server using a mailbox Display Name (when the Display Name for the mailbox includes Unicode characters) the connect will fail. Use the account email address instead of the Display Name to work around this problem.
- If you lose the mount connection and try to close the GUI, it locks up.
- Preview text is unreadable if it is the same color as the background.
- New licenses are not used until you close then reopen the EDB file.
- If the EDB file is in the root folder of a backup the GRE_ERR_FAILEDTOGETEDBDETAILS error appears when the volume is mounted as a drive letter. This can be resolved by unmounting the volume and remounting it as a folder instead of a drive letter.
- When too many names were shown in the To, CC, or BCC fields, the message preview didn't work. The problem is fixed and the messages are now displayed correctly.
Copyright © 2013 StorageCraft Technology Corp. All rights reserved. This Software and Documentation are copyrighted. Ownership of the ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange (GRE) Software is reserved to StorageCraft Technology Corporation. StorageCraft, the StorageCraft logo and ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange (GRE) logo are trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. StorageCraft, ShadowProtect, ShadowControl, and HeadStart Restore are registered trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation in the United States and elsewhere. ShadowProtect Server Edition, intelligentFTP, and ShadowStream are trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation in the United States and elsewhere. All other brands and product names are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.