- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
StorageCraft Recovery Environment User Guide
Welcome to the StorageCraft® Recovery Environment User Guide. It describes the ShadowProtect technology, and how to derive maximum benefit from the StorageCraft Recovery Environment. It also describes using the ShadowProtect IT Edition. The IT Edition is identical to the Recovery Environment except that it is distributed as a USB key with a distinct license.
Note: This Guide covers the Recovery Environment-Windows (RE-WIND). Refer to the Recovery Environment-Crossplatform (RE-X) User Guide for details of that software.
This Guide covers Recovery Environment v5.2.7 and REBuilder v1.1.9. New to this release is a 64-bit Recovery Environment that should support native UEFI booting and those with Secure Boot enabled. The 64-bit version does not need to run in Compatibility Mode with UEFI.
This guide includes these major sections:
- ShadowProtect Overview
- How ShadowProtect Works
- Using the ShadowProtect IT Edition
- Starting Recovery Environment
- Understanding the User Interface
- Loading Drivers
- Using the Network Configuation Utility
- Creating a Backup Image File
- Restoring a System Volume
- Mounting a Backup Image File
- Using Image Conversion Tool
- Using the Boot Configuration Utility
- Working with an HSR Volume
- Using HIR
- Using Remote Management
- Other Operations
For emerging issues and other resources, see the following:
- The ShadowProtect ReadMe and StorageCraft Recovery Environment ReadMe files available online.
- The Recovery Environment forum at www.storagecraft.com/support/forum.
- The StorageCraft technical support Web site at www.storagecraft.com/support.html.
- The StorageCraft Glossary of technical terms.
Note or Warning text provides important information about the configuration and/or use of StorageCraft Recovery Environment.