- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
Appliance backup - Local backup store not accessible by ShadowControl
I am trying to setup our ShadowControl appliance for automatic configuration backups. Before I get into the issue, here's a few key setup details to describe the environment it lives in.
- ShadowControl is running as a Hyper-V VM on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- I have a Windows share on the Hyper-V server named "ShadowControl." It has full permissions for the "Everyone" group for the share permissions and full NTFS permissions for the Hyper-V local administrator account. (\\172.30.0.11\ShadowControl\ - Note the trailing slash included, I've also tried without it, and I've tried using the hostname of the server also, instead of the IP address)
- In ShadowControl, I have created a backup store which points to the Hyper-V host ShadowControl share and it is using the Hyper-V local administrator account credentials for authentication.
- I can ping the ShadowControl appliance from the Hyper-V host. They are on the same local subnet.
The issue I am getting is that when I try to setup the backup schedule to backup to the backup store I created, I get a failure message that says "This backup store is not mountable from the appliance."
Is there something I'm doing wrong here? A screenshot of my backup store config is attached in case that helps.
StorageCraft Certified Engineer