- StorageCraft ShadowProtect
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft ImageManager
- StorageCraft ShadowControl CMD
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Company Info
Can't connect network node - Access Denied
I have been testing trial version of SPD 220.127.116.11. Running locally on an XP machine, no problem. If I try to set up and connect to another computer on my home network (create network node), I get "access denied" error. I am very interested in this product, but only if I can get network connections working.
- Testing connections between an XP-SP3 machine and (a) XP-SP2 machine, and (b) a Vista Ultimate SP1 machine.
- Creating a node for either of these machines, can "browse" and get server address, but press "connect" and I get "access denied.
- All machines are on same workgroup, and this username has admin access.
- In "Auth Settings", am not sure what should go in "Domain Name", but by looking at format used in "Destinations" settings, I am using "\"
- modified "DCOM" security settings to specifically add user name and allow "remote" connections - no luck.
- Tried XP-XP connections as well as XP-Vista and same problem.
Other Items noticed:
- If I connect the XP machine to "localhost" , and then try to add destinations, I get "access denied" for any location that is not shared for "everyone". I have rechecked my username share settings and NTFS securities, and they all look ok to allow username specific access.
- Only the connection to "local host" shows "License Active" (I assume cannot be active if cannot connect?).
I am not sure what to try next. Network browsing and folder access seems ok through windows, but not connecting in SPD.
Have searched the net and knowledge base and can't seem to find a solution. Probably something simple.
Looking to replace Acronis, but this is a show-stopper. Any troubleshooting help greatly appreciated.