- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
Imagemanger, IFTP and folder queues - verification of good backups
We have shadow protect backing up locally via continues incrementals, then image manager managing that folder and iftping to an offsite server.
I have a couple of questions for which I need to propose this senerio (numbers are real):
our local backup queue shows 473 files, image manager shows 198 queued files, but the directory on the offisite server shows 1106 files.
our goal is to verify that IFTP is backing up everything it is supposed to be.
1) why do none of the files numbers match up?
2) is it possible to break the chain in continous incrementals forcing starting over with a new full and having old stale backups?
3) what is the relationship of the queued files versus knowing how many its backed up verses whats on the offsite storage?
We want to make sure we know that we are getting all of our local files offsited. I've sometimes seen it where the local file storage has (as an example) about 300 files and the queued in image manager is 138 and the offsite destination has something like 143. but the numbers don't add up to 300
Any help on making sense of this or something to look for is greatly appreciated.