- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
ShadowProtect Console will not connect to remote server
This issue can happen due to misconfigured DCOM settings which Shadow Protect uses to communicate between client and server.
Configure the remote permissions to the “ShadowStor” DCOM component on the client machine using the following steps:
- Open up component services.
NOTE: This Control Panel can be found under the Administrative Tools.
- Expand out component services until you see the DCOM Config section.
Fig 1. - DCOM Config under Component Services.
- Scroll Down through the DCOM config and highlight the “ShadowStor” component as follows, then right click on it and select properties.
Fig 2. - ShadowStor Properties.
- Next step is to customize the “Access Permissions” . Make sure the account you are using in the console has both Local and Remote Access on this machine. This can be done either through directly adding the user or making sure they are in a group which has these permissions (Such as the Administrators Group).
Fig 3 & 4 -ShadowStor Properties and Access Permissions.
- Lastly, change the Configuration Permissions as mentioned in Step 4. This is optional but recommended to ensure that users can not change configurations.
Fig 3 & 5 -ShadowStor Properties and Configuration Permissions.
Your console will now access and communicate with the remote agents allowing for schedules to be set.
This applies to Windows 2000 SP3 and above.
OS Bit Mode: