StorageCraft Academy Program Overview
StorageCraft® prides itself on delivering world-class partner programs and training. To optimize your opportunities as a StorageCraft partner, we have developed the StorageCraft® Academy program. The program ensures that sales and technical professionals can receive the training needed to effectively sell, configure, and manage the complete line of StorageCraft business continuity solutions and services.
The StorageCraft Academy program provides the following benefits:
- More revenue opportunities as you learn to better position and sell StorageCraft products and services.
- Greater customer satisfaction and reduced support costs as you gain the technical knowledge to better support StorageCraft products and services.
- Increased customer retention and repeat business as you strengthen your ability to influence product usage and drive adoption of new features.
- Improved reputation as you differentiate yourself as an expert in both disaster recovery and StorageCraft solutions through certification exams and assessments.
- Increased access to StorageCraft Technical Support as you qualify for 24/7 emergency support incentives.
|Available Courses||Course Objectives|
|StorageCraft Grow Your Business||Grow Your Business Objectives|
|StorageCraft Engineer Training||Engineer Objectives|
|Storagecraft Engineer - Offsite Recovery||Offsite Recovery Objectives|
StorageCraft Offsite Recovery training lets partners gain the education you needed to create a disaster recovery plan that encompasses replication to and recovery from and offsite location using StorageCraft Products including the new StorageCraft Cloud Services features. Hands-on labs include StorageCraft ShadowStream technology, StorageCraft Cloud Services and other Advanced Topics.
- Duration and Delivery Methods: Delivered through 8 hour instructor-led training courses and self-paced eLearning modules—includes hands-on lab exercises in instructor-led course and demos/simulations in eLearning course.
- Level of Technical Detail: Ideal for technical professionals who want to design, implement, and manage disaster recovery solutions.
- Demonstration of Mastery: Training participants can complete an online certification exam to confirm comprehension of topics covered in the course. There is an additional cost of $150.00 for the certification exam, unless you are a StorageCraft Academy member, in which the exam price is $75.00.
Offsite Recovery Objectives:
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply specific strategies to their disaster recovery plan with emphasis on offsite recovery.
- Create a disaster recovery plan that encompasses replication to and recovery from an offsite location using StorageCraft products.
- Configure the necessary network components to failover to an offsite location using HeadStart Restore and VirtualBoot.
- Implement their disaster recovery plan using replication software, such as ShadowStream and intelligentFTP.
- Create and test a HeadStart Restore job at the offsite location.
- Perform a system failover at the offsite location using HeadStart Restore.
- Identify and mitigate the risks associated with not testing their disaster recovery plan.
- Understand the difference between IT testing and Production testing.
- Complete the necessary steps to restore data from an offsite location to the local site after using HeadStart Restore or VirtualBoot as an offsite production server.
- Identify and troubleshoot common issues associated with planning, implementing, configuring, and managing an offsite recovery plan.
StorageCraft Academy membership participation will lower your cost to participate in training and brings additional benefits to your operation. To learn more contact your StorageCraft Account Manager.
To register for a course:
- Review the course schedule.
- Select the course and location of your choice and follow the prompts necessary to register for the selected course.
- Pay for the course. Course charges vary based on participation in the StorageCraft Academy membership program. Follow the registration process to see additional details or contact your StorageCraft Account Manager to learn more today.
StorageCraft Certified Engineer
StorageCraft offers certification as a method to affirm knowledge for technicians in a particular area. Certification is a declaration of professional competence and potentially a technical technical qualification to hold certain types of positions within the field. For example, as a StorageCraft Certified Engineer, you are optimally positioned to help customers design and implement a disaster recovery solution based on StorageCraft products and technologies, and your certification demonstrates that competence.
Following the StorageCraft Engineer Training, participants are encouraged to complete the StorageCraft Certified Engineer exam, a 60-minute online certification exam that affirms knowledge and expertise in the area of data backup and disaster recovery. Successful completion of the exam earns the credential of StorageCraft Certified Engineer. Certification exam and credential are available for StorageCraft Engineer courses including advanced topic courses such as Offsite Recovery.
StorageCraft Cloud Services How-To Video Samples
Are you currently evaluating StorageCraft Cloud Services? Free* and helpful how-to videos can help you complete your offsite replication and recovery tasks with ease. Select a video for the task you wish to complete and view it today.
- Request a Seed Drive
- Seed Drive to Start Replication
- Creating a Cloud Services VPN
- Delay a VM Boot Sequence
- Mount Recovery Point for File Recovery
- Virtualize a Recovery Point
- Request a BMR Drive
* StorageCraft Cloud Services videos are available via the StorageCraft Academy program. StorageCraft partners can join the StorageCraft Academy for a monthly fee to gain access to training materials, such as these videos, as well as StorageCraft Support 24x7 emergency support.