StorageCraft ties together backup, disaster recovery of Windows, Linux systems with all-new ShadowProtect SPX
ORLANDO – Fast, flexible and reliable backup and disaster recovery of an organization’s entire IT environment became a lot easier with today’s announced release of the cross-platform version of StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® SPX. The unique SPX cross-platform solution from StorageCraft Technology Corp. ties together the management of backup and recovery operations of Windows and Linux systems and physical and virtual environments.
SPX is powered by the technology that has made the StorageCraft ShadowProtect software family one of the most trusted names in backup and disaster recovery and includes a robust set of new features built based on feedback from IT administrators. SPX allows for quick and efficient sector-level backup of Windows and Linux systems and enables reliable recovery within minutes to the original hardware, to new hardware or to a virtual machine hosted on the same or a different hypervisor. SPX leverages Volume Shadow Copy Service to ensure solid backups and a proprietary kernel-level snapshot driver to ensure fast backups of Windows systems. For Linux systems, SPX has a new kernel-level driver to ensure a quick and solid backup.
“In today’s world, IT professionals must maintain access to data in complex networks of computers and servers that have different operating systems and environments. SPX eases this task by providing a single avenue for fast and reliable backup and recovery,” said Brandon Nordquist, StorageCraft’s vice president of product management. “We implemented the feedback from our partners and customers as we designed and built StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX to provide a solution that allows them to be flexible and successful in ensuring access to data and computer systems.”
In addition to encompassing the legendary, award-winning core features of ShadowProtect 5, SPX has numerous new features and functionality that make it one of the most advanced, yet easy-to-use backup and disaster recovery solutions in the market today. Some of the new features include:
- A revolutionary user interface with patented job timeline making it even easier to monitor and manage backup jobs.
- An advanced StorageCraft-developed snapshot driver for Linux.
- Cross-platform heterogeneous support for both Windows and Linux operating environments.
- Industry-leading virtual and physical support (P2V, P2P, V2P, V2V).
- Remote monitoring and policy-based management from a common management console – StorageCraft ShadowControl® 3.0.
- A new job scheduler with more granular and flexible scheduling options.
- Extended and integrated StorageCraft VirtualBoot™ technology support.
- Boot any SPX Windows or Linux backup on a supported Linux version.
- Boot any SPX Windows backup on a supported Windows system.
- Boot any SPX backup image as a VM directly from the job timeline or image chain browser.
- Simplified system migration of any SPX backup image to new physical or virtual systems.
- Best-in-class (D2D and D2D2C) cloud replication support for onsite and offsite protection with StorageCraft ImageManager™.
SPX backups are fully supported across the award-winning StorageCraft Recover-Ability™ solution set, including: StorageCraft ImageManager, StorageCraft ShadowControl (version 3.0 or newer) and StorageCraft Cloud Services™.
Also today, StorageCraft announced the release of ShadowControl 3.0. Through ShadowControl 3.0, IT administrators can now monitor and manage every ShadowProtect, SPX and StorageCraft ImageManager endpoint in the system’s environment through a single, web-based console. Additionally, for endpoints protected by SPX, ShadowControl offers policy-based backup job management that lets users quickly and easily create and assign a consistent backup job configuration to groups of endpoints.
Throughout the years, StorageCraft products have been recognized by analysts, partners and end customers for their speed and reliability. In March, the company received its third-consecutive 5-Star rating in the CRN Partner Program Guide, an annual directory that is the definitive listing of technology vendors that service solution providers or provide products through the IT channel. In January, StorageCraft earned the Best Channel Vendor award in the Business Continuity and Backup and Disaster Recovery category from Business Solutions magazine readers.
About StorageCraft Technology Corp.
The StorageCraft family of companies, founded in 2003, provides best-in-class backup, disaster recovery, system migration and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops. StorageCraft delivers software products that reduce downtime, improve security and stability for systems and data, and lower the total cost of ownership. For more information, visit www.storagecraft.com.
StorageCraft and ShadowProtect are trademarks of StorageCraft Technology Corporation. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contact Information:
StorageCraft Technology Corporation