Use with ShadowProtect or SPX Backups for Fast Search and Recovery of Microsoft Exchange Servers
NEW: Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
StorageCraft ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange now supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 as a source and target for message items you plan to restore. See technical specifications below to learn more.
What is StorageCraft ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange, and who should use it?
StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® Granular Recovery for Exchange allows email administrators to search for and recover individual email messages, email folders, and mailboxes. You can restore the data directly to a current or new production Exchange server or to a .PST file.
We know that Exchange administration can be time-consuming and difficult if you don't have the right tool. If your business or organization has Microsoft Exchange Servers and Microsoft Outlook, then this award-winning Exchange data recovery software can help.
Use ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange in conjunction with StorageCraft ShadowProtect or StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX backup image files for complete backup and system recovery of your Exchange server(s). ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange rounds out our best-in-class StorageCraft Recovery Solution™, which enables recovery from any disaster, regardless of scope, so you can keep the business running.
Recover Exchange data quickly
Simply mount a ShadowProtect or ShadowProtect SPX backup image (as writeable) that includes your Exchange database (.EDB), and view all of your users’ mailboxes. ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange has an intuitive user interface so you can search your .EDB backup and restore message items with ease.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange can recover:
- Individual/bulk mailboxes
- Email messages
- Calendar items
- Address book contacts
Indispensable tool for email administrators
Scenarios for which administrators and other IT pros use ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange:
- Retrieving accidentally deleted or lost email messages
- Recovering an employee’s entire mailbox
- Searching messages during internal investigations
- Supporting electronic discovery (e-Discovery) efforts and computer forensics investigations
Read our Scenario Guide for proven, detailed examples of when to use this software.
Features and benefits of ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange
Best of TechEd Award
This Best of TechEd award-winner takes the headache out of Exchange data recovery.
Use keywords and many other search criteria to efficiently and effectively search mailboxes, email messages, or entire Exchange databases.
- Use search criteria such as keywords, phrases, creation date, subject matter, sender, and recipient in order to find messages
- Use an asterisk (*) at the end of a word to search wildcard or unknown terms
- Select either “match all fields” or “match any fields” to narrow or broaden your search
- Limit search parameters to before or after a point in time or to a window of time
- Search just one specific folder or mailbox for emails and other message items to recover
- Search all mailboxes in an Exchange database at once (instead of going through one mailbox at a time) for emails and other message items to recover
Recover lost or deleted Exchange emails, email attachments, address book contacts, mailboxes, and more, all with minimal time and effort.
- Drag-and-drop or right-click to easily recover items from an Exchange backup image to your Exchange server or a .PST file
- Restore one or more email messages (and their attachments), folders, contacts, and other message items directly to the production Exchange server or a .PST file
- Restore a single mailbox or bulk mailboxes, contents included, to the production Exchange server
- Export specific email messages, appointments, tasks, and other message items as .MSG or .TXT files
- Limit max simultaneous restores so as to manage network bandwidth and central processing unit (CPU) time used
- Select an alternative temporary database location when hard drive space is limited
Want to learn more?
See our support documentation and marketing materials:
- Data Sheet – an overview complete with features and benefits
- Product Brief – a look at IT challenges and how this product helps you resolve them
- Scenario Guide – proven examples of when to use this product
- Quick Start Guide – steps to start using your software right away
- User Guide – the user manual—step-by-step instructions
- ReadMe – a supplement to the user guide—system requirements, enhancements, issues
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange licensing options
StorageCraft offers several types of licenses for ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange:
- 60-day project license for short-term Exchange projects
- 250-mailbox license for businesses and organizations with fewer than or equal to 250 mailboxes
- Unlimited license for businesses and organizations that have 251 or more mailboxes
- Subscription-based option for managed service providers (MSPs)—licensed per server with unlimited .EDB files
Please note that the MSP license, 250-mailbox license, and the unlimited license are each licenses to a specific server.
Click on an image for a larger view:
Use ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange with your ShadowProtect or ShadowProtect SPX software. ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange can recover message items from any ShadowProtect or ShadowProtect SPX backup image that includes an .EDB.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange supports as sources and targets (destinations) for items you plan to restore:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Additionally, .PST, .MSG, and .TXT files are also supported targets.
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange installs on 64-bit versions of:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange requires an Outlook client (Outlook 2007 SP3 or newer installed).
ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange should not be installed on an Exchange server. Since ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange uses components installed with Outlook, Outlook should be installed on the same machine as ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange.