Unlimited Disaster Recovery and Data Protection for Windows Systems and Unlimited Granular Recovery for Exchange Servers
What is StorageCraft ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO, and who should use it?
StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® IT Edition PRO bundles two StorageCraft products, ShadowProtect IT Edition and StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange, into one standalone tool for IT professionals. This tool enables you to back up and recover any Windows server, desktop, or laptop and to recover lost Exchange email messages and mailboxes.
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO is part of the StorageCraft Recovery Solution™, which provides you with all the products and services you need to recover anytime, anywhere. With this solution in place, you can protect systems, applications, and data from any disaster.
As any IT professional knows, introducing new software into a system can be risky. Doing so when trying to recover a failing system is even more challenging. ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO gives you the power to both protect and recover valuable business systems and data without adding new headaches to system administration.
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO features the core functionality of StorageCraft ShadowProtect software—the ability to back up and recover systems, applications, services, and data—as well as other utilities, such as auto-repair and diagnostics.
Additionally, ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO has all the functionality of the award-winning StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange—that is, the ability to use keywords and other criteria to search for email messages and mailboxes and to easily recover them. But ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO doesn’t have the same licensing limitation.
While the standard StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange product offers a license for unlimited granular recovery of email messages and mailboxes on a single server (or, for Exchange Server 2013, on a single .EDB file), ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO provides the same unlimited recovery, but on an unlimited number of machines.
Back up and recover systems and data without installing software
You don’t have to install any software to use ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO, and it is portable. You’ll receive the software preloaded onto a USB key so that you can easily carry it with you whenever you need to back up or restore a machine or recover Exchange data. This tool is also ideal for Windows system migrations and upgrades.
Because of its unique subscription-based model, ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO lets you back up and recover an unlimited number of servers, desktops, and laptops for the duration of your subscription. Also recover all the email messages and mailboxes you need from your Exchange database (.EDB) files. (Please note that each subscription is for only one technician to use to service one machine at a time.)
For detailed information about the subscription license, read the Technician License Agreement.
An essential addition to your IT toolbox
Common scenarios for which administrators, technicians, and other IT pros use ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO:
- Doing a quick backup before starting any new project or system change
- Creating a backup image of a system’s original factory settings
- Upgrading to a new version of Windows server or desktop operating system
- Migrating to new hardware or virtual environment
- Supporting electronic discovery (e-discovery) efforts and computer forensics investigations
- Performing bare metal recovery
- Retrieving accidentally deleted email messages and other data
- Merging Exchange server mailboxes when joining business systems or consolidating resources
Read our Scenario Guide for proven examples of when to use ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO.
Features and benefits of ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO includes all the features and benefits of ShadowProtect IT Edition and StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange as well as one substantial add-on:
- The ability to recover an unlimited number of email messages and mailboxes for every Exchange server you support
Want to learn more or get ahold of a printable document?
See our support documentation, listed below, for more information:
- Data Sheet - an overview complete with features and benefits
- Product Brief - a look at IT challenges and how this product helps solve them
- Scenario Guide - proven examples of when to use this product
- Quick Start Guide - steps for activating the ShadowProtect IT Edition USB drive
- ShadowProtect IT Edition User Guide - the user manual—step-by-step instructions
- ShadowProtect IT Edition ReadMe - a supplement to the user guide—system requirements, enhancements, issues
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange User Guide - the user manual—step-by-step instructions
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange ReadMe - a supplement to the user guide—system requirements, enhancements, issues
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment - information about a crucial component of ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO
- How-To Guide: Using StorageCraft Recovery Environment Builder - instructions on how to download, install, and use this component
- How-To Guide: Updating Your USB Key - steps for updating your ShadowProtect IT Edition USB drive
- How-To Guide: Creating a 3-Day ISO - instructions on how to create your ShadowProtect IT Edition 3-Day ISO
We license ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO based on licensee’s payment of a subscription fee, and the license is per technician. The licensed technician can use ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO on an unlimited number of Windows machines (including Exchange servers), but can service only one machine at a time. Choose from a two-week, one-month, three-month, or annual subscription.
- Technician License Agreement – detailed information about our license
Click on an image for a larger view:
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO technical specifications
ShadowProtect IT Edition
ShadowProtect IT Edition PRO supports:
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, and all the other Windows Operating Systems that other ShadowProtect license types support
- UEFI motherboards (StorageCraft Recovery Environment requires BIOS emulation)
- FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS file systems
- MBR and GPT partition types
- Basic and advanced format hard drives
- Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VirtualBox, Red Hat KVM/RHEV, VMware hypervisors
See ShadowProtect IT Edition User Guide: requirements for detailed information on requirements, supported environments, and limitations
StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange supports these as sources and destinations for items you plan to restore:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Additionally, .PST, .MSG, and .TXT files are also supported destinations. Note: If you use backup software that is not the ShadowProtect brand, you must be able to extract the .EDB file and transaction logs from your backup file and place them in a local directory.
See Granular Recovery for Exchange User Guide: system requirements for detailed information on requirements, supported environments, and limitations,