StorageCraft ShadowProtect quickly and efficiently creates sector-level backup images of physical and virtual Windows systems.
A sector-level backup image is a point-in-time representation of the system and therefore includes not just data but also the operating system, applications, services, and configuration settings.
We leverage Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to ensure solid backups, and our proprietary snapshot driver StorageCraft Volume Snapshot Manager™ (VSM) makes sure those backups happen fast.
Because backup images contain everything on a given workstation, server, or virtual machine (VM), when you need to recover its system, you can do so in minutes rather than hours or days.
StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® lets you:
- Rapidly access individual data files and folders
- Restore to the same or different hardware or a virtual environment in a matter of minutes
- Boot a backup image as a VM for a quick, temporary fix
StorageCraft licenses ShadowProtect on a per-system basis.
- Perpetual licensing for virtual and physical machines
- You can buy a single license for a single system or buy bundles of licenses with volume discounting to protect several systems at once.
- MSP subscription licensing for virtual and physical machines
- MSPs providing protection for their clients can provide monthly subscriptions that auto-renew.
Microsoft Virtual PC
Microsoft Virtual Server
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
VMware ESX/ESXi (including the free version of ESXi)
See Requirements in the User Guide for a complete list.