- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
Note: Windows XP and Server 2003 users must log in with Local Administrator rights to use the ShadowProtect interface.
Caution: If the Windows Telnet Service is installed and running on the system, please review a potential error condition in Best Practices to avoid the snapshot driver failing to install.
To Install ShadowProtect
- If you have a ShadowProtect CD, insert the disc into the system's CD drive.
Note: If the installation does not start automatically, browse the ShadowProtect CD and click AUTORUN from the root of the CD.
If you have downloaded the ShadowProtect installer, click on the .EXE file to launch the program.
- Follow the steps of the Setup Wizard to complete the install.
Note: To register ShadowProtect, you must install the language that matches the license key you purchase.
- On the Installation Type page, select which type you want:
Complete This installs all the ShadowProtect components Custom This option allows you to select which components to install and where to install them. For example, use this option if you want to install only the console on a particular system.
- If you chose the Custom install option, select the ShadowProtect components to install, then click Next on each component page.
Management Console Installs the ShadowProtect management interface (UI), which lets you manage both ShadowProtect operations for this system and remote systems if desired. This is the default. Backup Agent Installs the ShadowProtect Backup agent, which lets you manage ShadowProtect operations on this system remotely. This is the default. Snapshot Driver Installs the ShadowProtect VSS driver. This is the default and is required for optimal performance and data protection. Only deselect it if the system only runs non-VSS compliant software, such as some versions of Intuit QuickBooks. Mount Services Installs the ShadowProtect mount driver which adds the ability to mount and dismount a backup image file using the right-click menu in Windows Explorer. This is the default. ISOTool Installs a basic ISO utility to create, mount, or burn a copy of an ISO image. VirtualBoot Installs Windows Explorer integration for VirtualBoot. VirtualBoot launches a virtual machine using the selected system volume backup file. This is the default. ImageReady Installs the ImageReady image testing utility.
Note: The Adobe CreativeCloud Suite install fails if StorageCraft ImageReady is already installed on the system.
SPDiagnostic Tool Installs a tool that gathers detailed information about a ShadowProtect installation for use in troubleshooting issues for StorageCraft Support. The default is to not install the tool.
Note: To mount a VHDX backup on a system with a custom install of ShadowProtect, be sure the install includes at least the ShadowProtect Backup Agent. (It does not have to include the SnapShot Driver.) Otherwise, the VHDX mount fails.
- In the Installation Complete page, select Yes, I want to restart my computer now, then click Finish.
If you cannot restart the computer immediately, select No, I will restart my computer later.
Note: You must restart the computer before attempting to use ShadowProtect to create backups.
- Remove the ShadowProtect CD (if used) from the system's CD drive.
If this is an upgrade to an existing ShadowProtect installation, the wizard shortens this process.
To do a silent or push install of ShadowProtect:
- Download and unpack the appropriate installation info file (the ISS) file for the version of ShadowProtect to install. Save this file to the same folder with the ShadowProtect setup program.
Note: Although this ISS file shares the same extension as a Windows InstallShield file, it uses a different format and cannot be used by InstallShield.
- Select ShadowProtect's Management View tab.
- Click Install on the menu bar. The Push Install Wizard displays.
- Follow the prompts to select the installer package (the Setup program for ShadowProtect). The Wizard populates the package details fields.
- Click Next.
- Provide the appropriate credentials to access the endpoint(s) for the push install.
- Select the endpoint(s) that are destinations of the push install.
- Optional: Provide the ShadowProtect product key to activate the endpoint(s) license(s).
- Select Reboot after install as required to perform backups of the endpoint.
- Specify a time to perform the reboot and a message to alert the endpoint user.
- Click Next to review the push install configuration.
- Click Next to begin the install.
ShadowProtect completes the install of the ShadowProtect agent on each of the selected endpoints.