- ShadowProtect SPX
- StorageCraft Cloud Services
- StorageCraft Granular Recovery for Exchange
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment
- Cloud Backup
- File Backup and Recovery
- Company Info
- How to Buy
StorageCraft Recovery Environment CrossPlatform User Guide
Welcome to the StorageCraft® Recovery Environment CrossPlatform User Guide. This Guide describes the ShadowProtect technology, and how to derive maximum benefit from the StorageCraft Recovery Environment CrossPlatform (RE-X).
RE-X is an innovative environment based on a Linux OS. It provides unique benefits for recovering system volumes:
- Restores all Linux and Windows environments supported by ShadowProtect and SPX.
- Supports both formatting and partition actions on MBR and GPT drives.
- Runs as a full 64-bit environment with significant contemporary 64-bit driver support.
- Supports conversion of an image chain into the new Microsoft .vhdx virtual drive format.
- Prevents saving a new incremental using the same name as an existing one.
This Guide includes the following major sections:
- ShadowProtect Overview
- How ShadowProtect Works
- Starting Recovery Environment
- Understanding the User Interface
- Creating a Backup Image File
- Using the Disk Utility
- Restoring a System Volume
- Mounting a Backup Image File
- Using Image Conversion Tool
- Using HIR
- Using Remote Management
- Other Operations
- For emerging issues and other resources, see the following:
- The StorageCraft Glossary of technical terms.
Note or Warning text provides important information about the configuration and/or use of StorageCraft Recovery Environment.