When fighting ransomware, prevention is your first line of defense.
Because you know the value of prevention, you:
- Educate end users not to open emails or attachments from unknown senders or download software from torrent sites
- Install and enable antivirus software
- Keep Windows or other operating systems patched and updated
- Employ email security tools and policies
- Avoid running Microsoft Office applications on servers and limit browsing
But what if prevention fails?
The damage these viruses can cause to businesses goes beyond data loss, which in and of itself can be devastating. Companies can experience revenue and productivity loss as well as damage to reputation.
Whether it's WannaCry, Petya, or the next big outbreak, no business is ever really safe from malware.
According to a recent report*:
The UK has the highest number of attacks overall with 54 percent of UK companies hit by ransomware
More than half (58 percent) of UK companies paid the ransom
The UK had the highest amount of revenue loss worldwide with 60 percent of companies saying a ransomware attack cost them financially
But businesses can protect themselves with a disaster recovery plan that includes:
1. Frequent and consistent backups that are checked regularly
2. Replication of these backups to an offsite source that malicious software can’t touch
* https://press.malwarebytes.com/2016/08/03/major-international-study-finds-nearly-40-percent-of-enterprises-hit-by-ransomware-in-the-last-year, 3 Aug., 2016
If prevention fails, StorageCraft protects your data.
Our recovery solution includes:
Automate the backing up of physical and virtual systems, applications, and data. Recover files or folders easily or restore a whole system fast.Learn more
Replicate ShadowProtect SPX backups to the StorageCraft Cloud where encrypting malware can't reach them. Recover files, even re-create your network.Learn more
Back up your data now.
Get started with ShadowProtect SPX.
Safeguard your data offsite.
Let us show you our purpose-built DR cloud.
Learn how our partners beat ransomware.
A StorageCraft MSP Resolves a Cyber-Attack for Scott Aerospace
Scott Aerospace were infected via email and shut down servers to prevent a spread of the infection. Fortunately, the firm had backups.
All Mountain Technologies Testimonial
A client was infected with CryptoLocker. Find out how the team restored encrypted files and got the client's business running again in two hours.
Zenzero IT Solutions (U.K.) Rescues Client from CryptoLocker
Learn how Zenzero IT Solutions used StorageCraft technology to conquer CryptoLocker for Bridge PR.
Ransomware Resistance: Strength in Multi-Layer Protection webinar
Watch the recording of the jointly hosted webinar by StorageCraft and Webroot on ransomware resistance. While the number of malware executable files and potentially unwanted applications has dropped, plenty of other threats continue to multiply.
“The StorageCraft Cloud gives us peace of mind. If you lose data, you’re done. That’s why our number one priority is making sure it’s protected—it’s the only thing you can’t really get back or re-create. We feel protected now.”
- Eric Weast, Owner, ECW Network & IT Solutions
"StorageCraft has opened the door for us to have a fully managed offsite backup solution for our clients.”
- James Oberhaus, Vice President of Managed IT Services, CPI Solutions